Have you thought about consulting a child psychiatrist? There are many mental disorders than could explain such behaviors, hypersensitivity, hyperactivity, autism, etc…most of them are reversible. All of them can be treated.

Maybe he doesn’t have any problem, and he’ll just grow into a very good adult.

But the only way to know is to consult a certified therapist SPECIALIZED in treating children. Indeed mental disorders in children are very different from adult’s issues. For example, a depressed child will look like he has concentration issues, and not depression.

I highly disagree with the comments that say “take all of him”. Although, I you want to properly traumatize him that’s sound like an appealing solution.

Dont listen to so called child specialists in the comment sections, ask help from a qualified person.

I whish you good luck!

French writer, jurist, youth worker.